Hello Food Explorers,
It is getting close to grocery day and the fridge is getting bare. If you are like me, this is when recipe creativity kicks in. Today I did a simple twist on the Terrific Thai Soup I posted over a week ago. As I was short on several items here is what I did:
- Used fresh ginger instead of galengal
- Used baby carrots that I chopped into match sticks instead of shredded
- Used only Enoki mushrooms (that is all I had)
- Used 5 tiny tomatoes (remains of what was left)
- Used entire large bok choy – chopped (deal that I made this recipe from)
All other directions and ingredients of the recipe were used as in the recipe.
- Lesson: Try new ways to get more veggies into your soups.
- Reason: Fridge Surprise – you never know what you will make when the fridge is almost empty.
- Final verdict: A success.
May your day be filled with the warmth of soup and bright ideas.
To delightful fridge surprise,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner