This weekend, the urge to snack was great so the hubby and I made up this great batch of Guacamole Goodness. It is simple and super to easy to make. And did I say delicious?
Don’t be afraid of avocados – they contain lots of goodness. They are part of foods that help you balance your blood sugar and feed your brain. Check out this interesting article by Julie Daniluk about this topic.
- 2 avocados
- 1 1/2 limes – juice only
- 2 cloves of garlic – pressed through a garlic press
- 1 tbsp while onion – finely chopped
- 10 pickled jalapeno peppers – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro – finely chopped
- Peel and remove the pit from the avocados
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the avocados into a creamy mixture. A fork works great for this.
- Add the juice of the limes and combine until smooth.
- Using a garlic press, add the garlic directly into bowl and combine.
- Add the finely chopped onions and jalapeno peppers and combine.
- Add the cilantro and combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want it hotter, add more jalapeno peppers. Add less jalapeno pepper to reduce the heat.
- This is great with fresh veggies or Mary’s Organic Crackers.
May you find good healthy and crunchy snacks.
To crunchy snacks,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner.