Hello Taste of Thailand,
There is nothing better than having a food that reminds you of a great trip that you took. When we went to Thailand our senses were on overload. From the busy streets, colourful markets, calming temples and greenery we were delighted by all we saw. Best of all was the food as it had so much flavour.
This recipe is designed to give you a gluten free, dairy free, sugar free version of the amazing food we enjoyed while we were there. To make it 100% vegan, use gluten free Tamari instead of the fish sauce or look for an organic mushroom sauce. Enjoy this colourful thai soup.
Although I have posted this recipe before, I though you might enjoy a shorter version. This version also gives you the ability to print it out and add to your collection. The previous version gives you a ton of step by step instructions and many images so you can follow along. Click here for the original post.Print
Colourful Thai Soup
This tasty soup will make you dream of visiting Thailand. Every time I enjoy it, I am embraces in the warm culture of Northern Thailand.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 serving
- Category: Soup, Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free
- Cuisine: Thai
- 4 slices Ginger
- 1 stalk Lemongrass, bulb end cut off
- 20 stems Cilantro
- 4 small Chili peppers, tops removed
- 1 inch round bunch Enoki mushroom, root removed
- ¼ cup Red onion, diced
- ½ cup Carrot, shredded
- 1 cup Firm tofu, diced
- 8 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium Green onion, diced
- 1 handful Cilantro leaves
- 1 Lime, zested
- 1 can (398ml) Coconut milk
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 2 tsp Thai Fish Sauce or Tamari
- Base ingredients: Ginger, lemongrass, lime zest, chili peppers and cilantro stems. Crush lemongrass and peppers to help release flavour.
- Soup Ingredients: Mushrooms, ½ of lime, red onion, tofu, carrots and cherry tomatoes.
- Garnish: Green onions, ½ of lime cut into wedges and cilantro leaves.
- In a pot, add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Heat on high for one minute. When totally combined, add the base ingredients. Cook for 2 minutes on high heat. Watch to ensure it does not boil over.
- Add the tofu and cook for one minute then turn down heat. Add remaining soup ingredients except lime. Then add the juice of ½ lime and fish sauce or Tamari. Cook for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are dented and the onions have changed colour.
- Remove ginger, lemon grass and chilli peppers before eating.
- Pour into bowls. Garnish green onion, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice.
I am also honoured to have it published and shared with the customers who shop at Organic Garage in Oakville, Ontario.
Cheers to your wellness and sweet memories of Thailand.
Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Your Wellness Cheerleader