Hi GlutenFree, DairyFree, and SugarFree Beach Lovers,
It is that time of year – we all want warm weather and the chance to put our feet in the water that is not solid ice. So the all inclusive resort deals are being booked and you are totally “IN” for the warmth and the sunshine. The only challenge is, what do you eat at an all inclusive resort when you eat glutenfree, dairyfree and sugarfree everyday.
Well, when I was recently in Punta Cana, I thought about you and created this video to help you eat, so that you feel vibrant, sexy and amazing every day of your vacation. I also included lots of great images to get you in the mood for your next all inclusive resort.
5 Tips for Eating GlutenFree, DairyFree & SugarFree at a Resort
Here are some of the tips I cover in the video.
Perfection is way over rated
- Be okay with making a few choices out of your comfort zone (Hello French Fries and Tropical Fruit)
- Get a buffet eating strategy
- Survey the buffet without a plate in hand to avoid putting items on that you know you should not eat.
- Avoid the wall of bread – just stay clear of it. That gluten will make you feel sick.
- Start at the salad bar and fill your plate 50% or 60% or 70% full of veggies so you have little room for foods that might tempt you.
- Get your protein – be it fish, chicken, lentils or beans. Note: eating 100% vegan and vegetarian and not eating dairy is very difficult at resorts. Really look at the vegetarian choices as most have cheese or gluten – which made them a ‘no go’ for me.
- Add some starch – go for the rice to get a complete protein with your lentils and beans. Be okay with adding potatoes to your meal occasionally (roasted or baked not filled with cheese).
- Use the same approach for dessert. Leave your plate behind and admire the creativity of the desserts and carved fruits. Take a small plate and place digestive rich fruit like papaya or pineapple on it. They are so sweet and tasty down there. Who needs the dairy, gluten and sugar based dessert when you have nature’s candy.
Drinks and Booze
- Ask for water with your meal and avoid sugar based drinks.
- Check out my post on 7 drink solutions if you seldom drink so you can survive the all inclusive resort with your drinking buddies.
Home Sweet Home
- Create a plan of attack for when you return home. Challenge each other to get back on track on the first day – Hello Green Juice and Goodbye French Fries.
I would love to hear your tips as well and if you found this Eating GlutenFree, DairyFree & SugarFree at A Resort video useful. Let me know your question on eating glutenfree, dairyfree and sugarfree and I will add your questions to my list of videos I will be creating this year.
Eating glutenfree, dairyfree and sugarfree is a celebration of delicious, mouth-watering food!
To your enjoying amazing food and the company of others while your travel,