Hi weekend entertainers,
Here is another lunch from the weekend with friends at Riverbend.
On the second day together, we got even better at being creative and showcasing lots of choice. We also had more time to prepare the meal. In total this took my girlfriend and me about 30 minutes to prepare. Let me take you through the menu:
- Pesto Kelp salad (Summer Fresh Basil and Kale Pesto with cut-up Kelp noodles)
- Mary’s Organic Crackers
- Organic tiny tomatoes with fresh basil (cut tomatoes in half, tear and add basil leaves, sprinkle with olive oil and apple cider vinegar)
- Sprout salad with broccoli
- Hard boiled eggs
- Organic Brown Rice Crackers
- Fresh local fruit – strawberries, cherries, peaches, nectarines
- Chocolate covered coffee beans
- An assortment of cheese (pre-sliced)
- Organic tiny tomatoes with fresh basil and feta (recipe as above just add feta)
As I am eating gluten-free and dairy-free I could enjoy items 1-11 and avoided 12 and 13. Not a bad selection to pick from. If you are doing sugar and caffeine-free avoid 11. I am far from perfect and 11 was a small indulgence (you only need 3). If you are following a candida diet, you can enjoy 1-8. Enjoy a granny smith apple as a mid morning snack.
Once again, we placed the foods that I could enjoy on the tray away from the foods I needed to avoid.
We decided to eat in the shade and enjoy the view of the rural countryside. When you eat slowly and are in a relaxed state your food will digest better. This above picture really sums up the inviting wellness experience that was felt by everyone that weekend.
May you be creative with your menu planning.
To openness and creativity,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner