Hello Great Food Lovers,
Yesterday I posted Krazy for Kale Chips – Hot and Smoky which as you can imagine are hot and smoky.
If you like lots of flavour but a little less heat, here is the version for you!
These do taste best if made in a dehydrator however you can make them in an oven with these directions.
Want to try both versions but only have one head of curly kale? You could do the base recipe here, divide the recipe in half and add half the amount of the last three ingredients from the Hot and Smoky version in one-half and keep the other half light on the heat. Divide your prepared the kale into two bowls and prepare each version separately.
Krazy for Kale Chips – Light on the Heat
You will love these super tasty Kale Chips. Lots of flavour and so good for you!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Total Time: 12 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Raw Food, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free
- 1 bunch or organic curly green kale
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp whole rosemary
- 1/2 tsp group thyme
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Wash and dry your kale leaves.
- Remove the thick rib from the leaves and make each piece about the size of your palm or bigger. They shrink a lot.
- Place all the prepared kale in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add the tahini, olive oil and combine with a fork. (Don’t use a blender as it will alter the topping)
- Add the lemon juice, nutritional yeast and combine and then add the balance of ingredients.
- Massage the wet mixture into the kale segments being sure to cover every piece with the mixutre. Massage for about 3 minutes.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Put in dehydrator for 12 hours at 115 F.
- I usually rotate my dehydrator tray about half way through the cooking time to ensure even dehydration.
- They should be crispy when done.
To your wellness,