Hello Breakfast and Mid-Morning Snack Ideas,
This morning I altered my morning routine. I am trying to beat a cold so getting as much veggies and nutrients in is key to my recovery. I am a bit addicted to my Brown Rice Cake with Almond Butter, Hemp and Flax seeds so this was a tasty alternative that seemed just right for fighting my cold. As a result here is another idea for you to enjoy as a mid-morning snack.
Avocado, Hummus and Tomato on a Brown Rice Cake
- 1 Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Salt-free rice cakes (purple on package)
- 2 Tbsp homemade Spicy Hummus or Sunflower Kitchen Spicy Hummus
- ½ avocado – peeled and sliced
- 2 tomato slices or one large slice
- Lime juice – a squeeze
- Himalayan Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place Brown Rice Cake on a plate
- Spread the spicy hummus
- Layer the sliced avocado on top of the hummus
- Add the tomato slice(s) on top
- Squeeze the lime over the avocado and tomato
- Himalayan Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Pretty simple eh? Only this would not be a meal served on Downton Abbey to either the Lords or Ladies or the Servants. It does require a napkin as rice cakes like to fall apart. While a bit messy, it tastes amazing and is a great mid-morning snack alternative.
Here are 5 other mid-morning snack ideas
- Apple with almonds
- Rice cake with almond butter
- Rice cake with almond butter, hemp hearts and ground flax seeds.
- Rice cake with almond butter and fresh sliced strawberries.
- Spicy hummus with veggies
To fighting colds with quality organic whole foods and bountiful nutrition,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9 Cup Challenge partner